How much should you insure for:
Your sum insured should cover the full replacement costs of your contents and the full rebuild cost of your home including removal of debris and laying a new slab. As Insurance Brokers we are unable to make comment or recommendations regarding the value of your items. However to help we have included a list below of items that are generally considered contents and building.
What are Buildings:
• Residual Building including Domestic Outbuildings
• Fixed coverings to walls, floors and ceilings
• Items fixed into the building – i.e. built in wardrobes, permanent appliances
• Blinds or awnings on the outside of the building
• Permanent domestic items on the property including in ground swimming pools
What are Contents:
• Household goods
• Carpets, curtains and internal blinds
• Portable domestic appliances.
• Swimming pools, saunas or spas not permanently built in and their accessories
• Clothing and personal effects
• Paintings and prints, rugs
Its important to note that Business items that are used to generate an income for a business are NOT covered under a Home and Contents policy.
A separate Business Pack is require for business items.
Please be aware this is general advice only, please refer to your relevant Product Disclosure Statement for more information.