Home and Contents Insurance is a must have for everyone, it is financial protection for your home and personal assets.

How much should you insure for:

Your sum insured should cover the full replacement costs of your contents and the full rebuild cost of your home including removal of debris and laying a new slab. As Insurance Brokers we are unable to make comment or recommendations regarding the value of your items.  However to help we have included a list below of items that are generally considered contents and building.

What are Buildings:

• Residual Building including Domestic Outbuildings
• Fixed coverings to walls, floors and ceilings
• Items fixed into the building – i.e. built in wardrobes, permanent appliances
• Blinds or awnings on the outside of the building
• Landscaping
• Permanent domestic items on the property including in ground swimming pools

What are Contents:

• Household goods
• Carpets, curtains and internal blinds
• Portable domestic appliances.
• Swimming pools, saunas or spas not permanently built in and their accessories
• Clothing and personal effects
• Jewellery
• Paintings and prints, rugs

Its important to note that Business items that are used to generate an income for a business are NOT covered under a Home and Contents policy.  

A separate Business Pack is require for business items. 

Please be aware this is general advice only, please refer to your relevant Product Disclosure Statement for more information.